Seen from the outside, the world of cryptocurrency can be hard to understand. There’s a ton of technical jargon to learn — block confirmation, private/public keys, hash functions, mining ASICs — that can easily intimidate people who just want to understand what a bitcoin is, and why it’s worth so much. Thankfully, there are plenty of people in the cryptocurrency community who are more than happy to translate the cryptocurrency dialect into plain English through the medium of podcasts.
In this post, we’re taking a listen to five of the most beginner-friendly podcasts for people interested in learning more about cryptocurrency and blockchain.
1. Crypto 101: Hosted by Bryce Paul and Aaron “PizzaMind” Malone, this podcast takes a decidedly newcomer-friendly approach to a wide variety of cryptocurrency related topics. Episodes are uploaded three times a week, and typically feature a guest from some corner of the cryptocurrency or blockchain industry. The “Weekly Fire” episodes, posted on Saturday, are a rapid-fire roundup of the latest trends, price actions, and news. Check it out here.
2. Invest Like The Best: Host Patrick O’Shaughnessy is best known as an investment guru and the author of “Millennial Money: How Young Investors Can Build a Fortune,” but in recent years he’s also made a name for himself as a podcaster. His cryptocurrency investing basics series Hash Power is an excellent introduction to the topic, and his weekly(ish) Invest Like The Best podcast regularly covers blockchain and cryptocurrency topics from an investment perspective.
3. Unconfirmed: Hosted by former Forbes editor Laura Shin, Unconfirmed is a 20-minute hybrid interview show and news round-up covering the latest topics in the cryptocurrency world. It’s a great resource for catching up on the biggest crypto headlines. Shin’s other podcast, Unchained, is also worth checking out, as it offers in-depth interviews with cryptocurrency and blockchain industry leaders and entrepreneurs.
4. Let’s Talk Bitcoin!: Arguably the best-known cryptocurrency podcast out there, LTB! is also one of the oldest, dating back to April of 2013. 400-plus episodes later, and LTB!’s hosts have covered nearly every cryptocurrency-related topic worth talking about, often with a little help from noted bitcoin evangelist Andreas Antonopoulos. The scope of the LTB! project has grown over the years as well, with a dozen crypto-focused podcasts sharing its network. If there’s something you want to know about in the cryptocurrency world, start your search by looking around in the LTB! episode archives.
5. The Bitcoin Podcast: More casual and playful in tone than the other podcasts on this list, The Bitcoin Podcast often feels like a Sirius XM radio show. That’s not a bad thing, particularly for people who are still trying to wrap their heads around all things crypto. The relaxed, often sprawling, presentation style also allows for more back-and-forth with guests, and a more freeform discussion of the week’s blockchain and cryptocurrency news.