Cryptocurrency isn’t exactly the most newcomer friendly topic. For most people, it’s the go-to joke for a technology that no one really seems to understand. Why is bitcoin worth so much? How do you “mine” crypto on a computer? What’s a blockchain, and why is it such a big deal? If you really want the answers to these questions, the best place to start is by watching a few YouTube videos aimed at beginners just like you.
Let’s take a look at five of the best beginner friendly bitcoin and cryptocurrency focused channels on YouTube.
1. Boxmining: One of the trickiest parts of getting started with cryptocurrency is wrapping your head around all the technical stuff. What makes IOTA and EOS different from Ethereum? How does SegWit work? What do the latest headlines really mean from a technical perspective? If you’ve ever wanted someone to put all of this technical stuff into plain English, give Boxmining’s YouTube channel a try.
2. Crypto Oracle: Do you love charts? For many people in cryptocurrency, half of the excitement is the daily drama of watching the crazy price fluctuations while looking for patterns and trends others are missing. If you’re all about that alt-coin day-trading life, you owe it to yourself to check out the Crypto Oracle’s channel.
3. Ivan on Tech: Hosted by Sweden-based developer and blockchain tech advocate Ivan Liljeqvist, Ivan on Tech is a fantastic starting point for finding thoughtful answers to your biggest questions about all things crypto. In addition to short-form video content on specific topics, Ivan also regularly hosts a daily livestream where he answers questions about bitcoin, blockchain, and cryptocurrency.
4. Crypto Tips: Very much a beginner-focused channel, Crypto Tips host Heidi focuses on sharing the fundamentals of cryptocurrency for people who are completely new to it. Need to learn how to securely store your BTC or ETH? Confused about the difference between hardware wallets and paper wallets? Want simple, concise explanations of the biggest recent crypto news stories? Crypto Tips may just be the channel you’ve been looking for.
5. aantonop: The personal YouTube channel of bitcoin evangelist and blockchain advocate Andreas M. Antonopoulos, this is probably the least beginner friendly option on this list. That’s not to say that Antonopoulos isn’t a great resource for crypto newcomers — he’s built his entire career around educating people across the world about the potential of this game-changing technology — but much of his recent content tends to focus on more esoteric cryptocurrency topics. He’s an engaging speaker, and his regular Q&A livestreams are often packed with great insights, but you’re new to cryptocurrency you might want to “Sort by Popular” to find his most broadly accessible content.